Welcome to iFSO Conference
ALERT - REGISTER BEFORE THURSDAY, 9/12 TO AVOID LATE FEE
iFSO (International Facility Security Officer) Conference was created to give members of the international port community a unique opportunity to have direct access to the foremost leaders that establish the industry's best practices and procedures.
The iFSO Conference will allow port facility professionals from around the country and world to share their expertise as well as current and future trends. Attendees will hear from senior Coast Guard personnel and other key partners that will deliver cutting-edge insight on regulation changes with a spotlight on exemplary facilities that are leading the way.
The event will open with an award ceremony acknowledging these facilities and organizations followed by two days of dynamic presentations from their area of expertise including: Large/Small Port, Container, Cruise, Petro-Chemical, Cyber Security, CDC/LNG and MARAD FSO Training Requirements.
In order to give attendees the most beneficial experience the iFSO Conference has a limited capacity and registration will be performed on a strict first come first served basis.
Three Day MARAD Certified Facility Security Officer Course
iFSO Conference will have Three Day MARAD Certified Facility Security Officer Course available from September 15-17. This highly interactive and engaging course focuses on the knowledge and skills required of facility security officers. The scope of this training is designed to satisfy the maritime security training requirements of the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, Chapter IX-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the IMO IPS Code and relevant Coast Guard regulations. In particular, the duties and responsibilities with respect to security of a port facility, for ensuring the development of a Facility Security Assessment, for ensuring the development of, implementing, maintaining and updating a Facility Security Plan and for liaising with Ship Security Officers (SSOs) and Company Security Officers (CSOs).
One Day Refresher Course
iFSO (International Facility Security Officer) Conference will feature a One Day Refresher Course on September 20 for those who have previously taken a MARAD certified Facility Security Officer course. This refresher allows participants an update on recent changes in laws and regulations that are vital to understand. This course will re-ground you in your duties and responsibilities with respect to security of a port facility, implementing, maintaining and updating a Facility Security Plan and for liaising with Ship Security Officers (SSOs) and Company Security Officers (CSOs).
Opening Award Reception
Conference Day One consists of a cocktail reception open to all registrants followed by an introduction by Commander Edward P. Seebald, USCG, Ret. The evening will conclude with an awards ceremony that recognizes the exemplary in the facility security realm.
- John E. Schwartz, Supervisor, Maritime Programs Management Branch, Transport Worker Identification Credential Program (TWIC), Transportation Security Administration will present on the challenges and successes of the TWIC program. The presentation aims to further educate on the intent and direction of the program into the future.
- Andy Brown, Chief Inspector, Scottish Police College will present on terrorism and piracy in the maritime sector. This compelling presentation will discuss the vulnerabilities which the maritime community faces, and what can be done to mitigate their risks.
- Captain John S. Helmick, Director, Maritime Logistics & Security program, Professor of Marine Transportation, United States Merchant Marine Academy will discuss the upcoming and significant changes to FSO training, particularly the federal mandate that all FSOs complete a certified course.
Who Should Attend iFSO (International Facility Security Officer) Conference:
• U.S Coast Guard Headquarters, Area, Districts and Sectors
• Port Operators and Administrators